Directed by Sally Halsey
In the world of Truvy’s local-homegrown beauty salon, six very different women come together to gossip, counsel, criticise and comfort one another. Helped by her eager new assistant Annelle, the outspoken, wise-cracking Truvy dispenses shampoos and free advice to Ouiser, the town’s rich curmudgeon, Miss Clairee, an eccentric millionaire, M’Lynn, the local social leader, and M’Lynn’s daughter Shelby, who’s about to marry a “good ole boy”. From weddings to divorces, babies to funerals, new beginnings to happy endings, they share each moment in their lives with grace, determination, and perfectly coiffed hair. When tragedy strikes, it is in the familiar comfort of Truvy’s salon where they seek the solace and support that carries them through.
- Days: May 22nd to May 28th
- Times: Sunday, May 22nd 6pm, Weekdays 7.45pm
- Ticket prices: Sunday £8/£10 – Monday 2 for the price of one £10/£12 – Rest of the run £10/£12
- Location: Hampton Hill Playhouse 90 High Street Hampton Hill TW12 1NY
- Contact: Box office – 0845 838 7529 (10am to 8pm only) or online at www.ttc-boxoffice.org.uk