The Thames Anglers Conservancy running a free event on Sunday, 19 June 2011, near Walton Bridge to help get people learn about fishing on the Thames.
- Try fishing for the first time.
- Qualified coaches will supply tackle and discount vouchers for local tackle shops.
- A falconry club will be on hand to show you their wonderful birds.
- Les Webber’s Angling Projects will be available for clubs/organisations.
- The British Trust for Conservation Volunteers will be showing their work.
- EA Fisheries will be present to field any questions you have.
- Casting and guess the weight competitions.
- Fully equipped lure fishing boat on display.
- Expert advice available all day on all aspects of river fishing.