Activities for Children and Young People
Orleans House Gallery offers a range of fun, inspiring and creative activities to keep you busy creating. Visit our website to find out more about what is happening each day.
Booking essential: Please call 020 8831 6000 or visit our website where you can book online at: www.richmond.gov.uk/arts
Coach House Club for 6 - 9 Year Olds
10am to 3pm. £25 per day. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Wednesday 6 June: ‘Beneath the Octagon’ Explore hidden treasures which lie in the gallery’s past with artist Anna Saunders. Make a treasure detector, piece together a story and create a time-capsule for explorers of the future!
- Thursday 7 June: ‘Carnival’ Work together with artist Caroline Jones to create gigantic paper mache sculptures of symbols from different countries. Use an exciting selection of fabrics to create flags and come along to Carnival on 17 June to parade your masterpieces through Twickenham!
CH2 for 9 - 14 Year Olds
10am - 3pm. £25 per day. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Wednesday 6 June: ‘Beneath the Octagon’ Imagine what lies hidden beneath the Octagon Centre at Orleans House! Discover and make a clay reliquary or treasure chest full of treasure and gold coins with artist Emma Middleton.
- Thursday 7 June: ‘Carnival’ Work with artist Imogen Luddy to create a flag inspired by the Olympic countries and the Olympic & Paralympic values. You will use a variety of textile processes to create your piece and then you can join the Carnival parade to fly your flag!
Half Day Workshops
10am - 12pm (4-7 years), 2pm - 4pm (7-10 years). £10 per workshop
- Friday 8 June: ‘Stuffed Toys’ Look at examples of toys with Dawn Smithers before designing your own alien or monster and making it as a stuffed toy!
Every Friday 10.30am-12.30pm, £4 per child and carer, £1 per additional sibling. No booking required. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Learn, play and explore together in our multi-sensory sessions designed to encourage creativity, curiosity and develop skills in communication, co-ordination and social interaction.
Sunday Afternoon Art
Free Drop-in Workshops for Families, 2pm - 3.30. Suitable for children aged 4 upwards. All children must be accompanied by an adult. No booking necessary.