For one day only Rambert School is opening its doors to children for a fun filled family day of dancing.
It will offer a behind the scenes look into the studios and inner workings of one of the UK’s oldest professional dance schools. Children from two years upwards will be able to try out free taster dance classes, available all day from 11am until 3pm.
Rambert School is delighted to welcome graduate Bradley Weller as special guest for their Open Day on Saturday 10 September.
Bradley Waller trained at Rambert School, based in St Margarets, Twickenham, before joining the internationally acclaimed all male ballet company, Balletboyz, in 2013.
Bradley Waller is one of four Rambert School alumni dancing with the 10 strong Balletboyz company. Balletboyz performed their latest work, Life, earlier this year at Sadler’s Wells and they tour all over the world.
Amanda Britton, Principal and Artistic Director of Rambert School, alumnus of the School and former dancer with Rambert dance company, says:
“We are really excited to open the School for the day and to share our passion for dance with our local community. Rambert School is a hidden gem in the neighbourhood and we are delighted to be able to give local children the chance to try a dance class for themselves.
“It is particularly exciting to welcome back Bradley Waller, one of our former students. His successful dance career began here at Rambert School, when he was approached in his third year to join Balletboyz. Many of our students go on to join some of the top dance companies around the world and it is very inspiring for current students and aspiring students to have a chance meet a professional dancer.”
Visitors to the Open Day will also be able to:
- Tour the school with current students and hear about life at a top dance school
- Watch an exclusive performance in our in-house studio theatre - see students perform their own choreography
- Enter our dance generator competition for a chance to win goodie bags and tickets to December shows
- Try on some of the costumes used in our performances and design your own dance costume
- Watch film screenings of some of our favourite dance pieces from the world’s dance repertoire.
- Enjoy tea and picnic on our lawn. Bring your picnic and we’ll provide tea and juices. There will also be biscuits and cakes on sale.
Rambert School is a leading international dance school and is the only vocational dance school in the UK to offer a 50/50 focus on ballet and contemporary dance. It offers a Foundation Degree and BA (Hons) degree to its full time students.
Over 90% of Rambert School graduates have gone on to enter the profession, usually at a high level. Many now dance with some of the world’s most respected companies, such as Rambert dance company, BalletBoyz, Nederlands Dans Theatre and Matthew Bourne’s New Adventures.
- Clifton Lodge, St Margarets Drive Twickenham TW1 1QN