Twickenham Alive’s Richmond Rink is progressing its application for an ice rink in Radnor Gardens. For the last few years the rink was at Strawberry Hill House and been very popular with local residents.
Here is a description of proposed works:
Temporary structures erected in the grounds at Radnor Gardens as part of the winter festivities for visitors, comprising of:
- Open-air, temporary ice rink covering a surface area of up to 400m2
- Marquees with white canvas roofs and white/clear glazed sides to accommodate ticketing, viewing and skate hire and covering a surface area of up to 125m2
- One area for ice rink machinery (chillers, generator, bunded fuel tank and pumps) housed in two acoustic enclosures and screened by an acoustic wall
- Licensed beverage & food concession located in skate exchange
- Decorative & safety lighting to illuminate rink, skate exchange and public areas
- Small PA system to play background music & announcements on rink The facilities will be open to visitors seven days a week (except Christmas Day) and will operate for seven weeks (plus 10 days each for rig/de-rig) between 01 December 2016 and 28 February 2017 between the hours of 10.00am and 8.00pm OR between 01 December 2017 and 28 February 2018 between the hours of 10.00am and 8.00pm.
The application for full planning permission (reference number 16/3240/FUL), is now valid and the consultation period has begun.