The Arts Society Richmond is the new name of Richmond Decorative and Fine Arts Society (Richmond DFAS). Our successful and vibrant society was founded in 1976, bringing together local people with an interest in the arts and a desire to share, extend and widen that interest. We now have 296 members.
If you are interested in joining the Society it is very easy and we do not have a waiting list. Just phone Richard Lebus on 020 8892 9696 or send a brief email to email@example.com and we will get back to you straight away.
Annual membership fees: Â£40 single, Â£75 double.
Our lectures are given by lecturers who are experts in their specialist fields. Other events such as study days, trips and day visits are also arranged.
All members receive a copy of the national magazine published quarterly by The Arts Society which has articles on arts subjects, news of national events and ideas about what is available for members, including courses, both at a national and local level. It also gives information about holidays arranged specifically for members.
We meet on the first Tuesday of every month (not January) for drinks from 7pm and a one-hour lecture at 8pm. You are welcome to join us there even if you are not a member.
Members free. Others Â£5 per person payable at the door. No ticket needed. If you would like to, you are most welcome to come along for a taster lecture for Â£5, returnable if you join as a member.
Duke Street Church
- The Arts Society Richmond :: AGM and Lecture: 18th Century Georgian Furniture
Tuesday, 3 July 7:30pm
- The Arts Society Richmond :: From the Workshop to the Studio: Images of the Artist at Work
Tuesday, 7 August
- The Arts Society Richmond :: Ups and Downs in the Lives of the Impressionists
Tuesday, 4 September
- The Arts Society Richmond :: Basingstoke and its Contribution to World Culture!
Tuesday, 2 October
- The Arts Society Richmond :: Frank Brangwyn and his World War I Posters
Tuesday, 6 November
- The Arts Society Richmond :: Is Christmas in Bad Taste?
Tuesday, 4 December
- The Arts Society Richmond :: Postcards from Near and Far: Picturing the 20th Century
Tuesday, 5 February
- The Arts Society Richmond :: Charles Barry's Great Work: Restoring the Houses of Parliament
Tuesday, 5 March
- The Arts Society Richmond :: The Lure of Ivory
Tuesday, 2 April
- The Arts Society Richmond :: David Hockney and his Struggles with Modernism
Tuesday, 7 May
- The Arts Society Richmond :: The Art of the Classic French Paperweight
Tuesday, 4 June
- The Arts Society Richmond :: AGM and Lecture: A Load of Old Balls
Tuesday, 2 July 7:30pm
- The Arts Society Richmond :: Fortitude and Fancy - Catherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn
Tuesday, 6 August 7:30pm