Eel Pie Island is one of the historic centres for the development of British R&B in the 1960's. Many major names in played there including: The Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and The Who - all performed on the Island.The Eel Pie Club was founded in April 2000 to re-establish a home for R&B.
They meet Wednesdays at 8:30pm at The Cabbage Patch Pub.
Advance tickets are available at shows via the Eel Pie Club website at www.eelpieclub.com, or by sending a cheque with a stamped,self-addressed envelope.
c/o Executive Mortgages
6 Park Road
- Eel Pie Club :: ATOMIC ROOSTER
Thursday, 26 July
- Eel Pie Club :: TWICKENHAM '60's DAY
Sunday, 5 August
- Eel Pie Club :: DONA OXFORD - 'Queen of Boogie Woogie'
Thursday, 9 August 8pm
- Eel Pie Club :: GENO WASHINGTON & THE YO YOS
Thursday, 23 August 8:30pm
- Eel Pie Club :: THE PRETTY THINGS (FINAL ACOUSTIC SHOW EVER)
Thursday, 6 September 8:30pm
- Eel Pie Club :: UNCHAINED - THE BEST OF JOE COCKER feat. PAUL COX
Thursday, 20 September 8:30pm