Local Information :: park listings

Cambridge Gardens

Cambridge Gardens is on the Middlesex bank of the River Thames in East Twickenham, in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. It is a picturesque setting that over looks Richmond Bridge and the renowned Richmond riverside.

more information about Cambridge Gardens


Holly Lodge Centre

Established in 1994, the Holly Lodge Centre provides over 6,000 visitors each year a hands-on encounter with Richmond Park's nature and heritage.

more information about Holly Lodge Centre


Jubilee Gardens

Overlooking Twickenham embankment this playground is found on a higher tier from the towpath (up a staircase) and has play equipment for younger children.

more information about Jubilee Gardens

Marble Hill Park

Marble Hill Park is a 66 acres park that surrounds Marble Hill House, a Palladian villa that was originally built for Henrietta Howard, the mistress of King George II in 1729. It is managed by English Heritage.

There are:

  • tennis courts
  • an adventure playground
  • cricket pitch
  • rugby pitches
  • football pitches
  • a grotto
  • large lawns
  • fenced in children's area
  • restaurant
  • toilets

For further information ring the Ranger Team on 0782 568 0709 or the Park Office at 0208 8992 1900.

more information about Marble Hill Park


Moormead Park

Bordering the River Crane, Moormead Park is a wonderful open space in the heart of St Margarets.

The site is mostly open fields with a cricket pitch and is used for boys and girls football on weekends as well as some league play. There are also four tennis courts and a children's playground.

more information about Moormead Park

Richmond Park

The Park has changed little over the centuries and, although it is surrounded by human habitation, the varied landscape of hills, woodland gardens and grasslands set among ancient trees abounds in wildlife.Richmond Park has been designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest and a National Nature Reserve. The royal connections to this park probably go back further than any of the others, beginning with Edward (1272-1307), when the area was known as the Manor of Sheen. The name was changed to Richmond during Henry VII's reign.

more information about Richmond Park